Episode 6 – Less Pinning, More Planning. 5 Important Decisions You Need To Make Early In The Renovation ProcessApr 21, 2023
When it comes to renovating, there is so much attention given to what your home is going to look like. But we want to make sure that you’re giving your attention to the right steps at the start of your project.
Because when you know the right steps to take, you’re less likely to blow out your budget or have headaches about not being able to have a particular feature because you didn’t get your planning right.
This episode is for you if you’re not clear on the best place to start, or if you’re not sure what YOU need to do in preparation for each phase of the project. The more you can understand the design process & the more decisions you can make ahead of time, the less stress and heartache you’ll experience.
To help you go into your project prepared, here are 5 key design decisions you’ll need to make early in the renovation process:
- Lighting – most importantly, light fixture placement
- Plumbing – most importantly, fixtures and drains
- Flooring – the type of flooring in each area (you’ll want your floors to all be level!)
- Window coverings – primarily if you want to conceal your fittings
- Timber trims – the style you choose will affect the final look, but you have to specify whether you want architraves, skirting, cornices, etc.
Listen in to learn more about each of these important decisions, and what questions to ask to make sure your project is headed in the right direction.
Download the Reno Rulebook
In this guide, we've distilled the 10 most valuable lessons we wish we had known before starting our home renovation journeys.